Sunday, September 14, 2008

Down Pour but not Down and Out







So last Wednesday, I decided to be a great mom, and take my kids to the zoo. It was a little cloudy over West Valley but to the east the sky was clear. I thought it would be a perfect day for the zoo. After dropping Leah off to play with Fofa, we managed to drive to the zoo and have Peyton in the stroller before it started to sprinkle. We're definitely not made of sugar, so we ventured on. But before we could make it down to the first monkey exhibit we were in a total down pour. The kids loved it. We ran from exhibit to exhibit trying to minimize the level wetness. Had I been planning for rain I would have brought their umbrellas, but I had been optimistic that we wouldn't get wet.
It actually turned out to be one of the better days I've had for seeing the animals. They were all so active. The cougar, the leopard, the lynx, and the tiger would all prance back and forth and Peyton and Hunter would march along with them. Even the Rhino's and Bears were animated. The kids cocked backed their heads and screeched along with the Penguins wanting to get cover. The giraffes were a favorite, although Peyton never dared get too close. All in all we did end up getting pretty wet, but it was worth every last drop. The Animals were active, the kids had a blast, we really did need the rain. So really, how could I complain, today really was one of those bonuses only mom's get from their jobs. Ain't it great being a mom!

5 comments:

Ivy & Mae said...

Welcome to bloggy land! I miss the hogle zoo...hmmm...maybe I should pack the kids up one weekend real soon and try to go!

Ganado Granny said...

Just like thinking outside the box -- venturing outside the unbrella has it's perks and plusses too. sounds like a great day.

madfam said...

you did it ,,,I love that i can see the kids they sure are getting big!!!! wow ...the page looks great and you look great!! good job you busy women ...k ill put you on my list now so i can check it out frequently...

Texas Tingey said...

Hey There!
Glad you joined us all in the blog world. It is fun to hear your stories and see the kids.

Bev said...

I'm so glad we get to see pictures of your family! Blogging really is a fun way to keep in touch. You won't regret it!